Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cooking 101 - YUMM-O!

In my quest to become more domesticated, I've recently been watching more of the food network trying to teach myself how to cook. I'm proud of myself. Sunday evening, I made chicken spedini for dinner, but it was my own version. Basically, I took all my spedini recipes and combined the parts that I liked about all of them to make 1 totally awesome version...or at least I thought so. I was so impressed with this, that I decided to blog the recipe so that all can benefit from my creation. Bon Appetite!

Ingredients:
1 pkg chicken breast filets
1 cup olive oil
1 cup white wine
1/2 cup parmasan cheese
1 Tbs minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/3 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 cup bread crumbs + bread crumbs to bread the chicken
Asiago cheese cut into 1 - 2 inch cubes depending on how much cheese you like
1 stick butter
1/2 cup lemon juice

I typically buy a package of chicken breast filets or tenders (pkg of 5) and slice them in half long ways - but I'm only making it for two people.

Marinate chicken, minimum of 1 hour in the following:

1 cup olive oil
1 cup white wine
1/2 cup parmasan cheese
1 Tbs minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/3 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 cup bread crumbs

After marinated, take tenders and wrap around cube of asiago cheese and secure with toothpick (from own personal experience - don't use colored toothpicks).

Roll chicken and cheese in breadcrumbs and place on greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes.

I served mine over noodles and added a lemon butter sauce...which I sometimes add garlic too.

Sauce:
1 stick butter
1/2 cup lemon juice
garlic powder to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment