Thursday, December 13, 2012

Random facts...


Speaking of Random...talk about Nickelback again...and while we are at it...Dave Matthews sucks.  (Just kidding, but if you go off on my band, I'm going to return the favor!)
  • I figure skated competitively for 13 years and eventually taught lessons. Boy do I miss those days...and those thighs.
  • My brother is one of my best friends. No matter what, hes always there for me and understands me in a way that some of my very close friends never will.
  • My grandma was my favorite person in the whole world.  She died almost 3 years ago and it still hurts me everyday.  
  • I was diagnosed with severe endometriosis at 14. I've had 4 surgeries, but it keeps spreading. They told me I would never have children...proved them wrong...:-)
  • I'm addicted reading horribly written books.  No-not really, but those types of books always seem to make it into my bookshelf through a recommendation.
  • When I was a child, I wanted to be a writer and write books. I'm a very creative writer and love to write whenever I get the chance.
  • Speaking of writing, I am published. My college english/writing teacher published one of my homework assignments. A paper that I wrote for an assignment in a college writing class...a paper that I wrote at 2 am drunk as a skunk. It was a comparative essay titled... Santa Claus vs. The Easter Bunny.
  • In H.S., my best friend Val called me "dumbass" on the way to the dance for leaving the homecoming tickets at home. Guess it kind of stuck, because to this day, she still calls me dumbass....and so does her husband, and her family, and my family...and just about anyone who knows me.
  • I'm a pretty good dart player. I've played in leagues since I was 17. I used to be better than I am now...could be better than I am now, but enjoy it more as a hobby than anything.
  • I love Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson, & Elvis Presley. The good ones always die so young.
  • One of my favorite movies is Gone with the Wind. My grandma and I watched it as a little girl...how many little girls do you know that could sit through a movie that long? Other favorites is the Cutting Edge, Dirty Dancing, North & South, and Pearl Harbor. I could watch those again and again.
  • I'm married the guy that I was infatuated with in high school. But he was off limits back then because he dated a friend of mine. I think after 10 years, its ok for me to date a guy that a friend dated briefly in HS and eventually marry him, although I never asked for permission either.
  • I want to learn how to play the piano. I took lessons as a kid, but hated it. Now I'm at an age to appreciate it.  I may have to live vicariously through my son once he's old enough.
  • I have a bucket list...a list of things I want to do before I "kick the bucket". I've had this list since I was in high school...although over the years, some things have been marked off and others added. I've never showed it to anyone, nor will I.
  • I am an organized mess. From the looks of things, you would think that I'm a slob, but I'm actually very organized.
  • It is my generation to have triplets. Which is ok with me...knock them out with one shot!  I used to think that till I became a mother.  Now I'm THANKFUL for only one at a time.
  • I HATE onions. Its actually the smell I can't stand...but therefore, I cannot eat them. I also hate mushy foods, i.e bananas, beans,etc. etc.
  • I share a birthday with Neil Diamond, Mary Lou Retton, and the great John Belushi.
  • I took swing dancing lessons. I'm not saying I'm good at this type of dancing, but I got some moves...
  • I hate shopping. I'm really not a girly girl. I prefer to shop online...in fact, I did all my black Friday shopping from the comfort of my home.
  • I tried to enlist in the military out of high school...but they wouldn't take be because of my health issues.
  • My favorite color is purple.
  • I don't like clubs. I prefer a hole in the wall bar over a nightclub. My "Cheers" is Rookies. I used to live there pre-Drew.
  • I can drink gallons of iced tea. It is one of my favorite drinks. No wonder I can't sleep at night!!


1 comment:

  1. lol at the pic!!! love ur blog, follow back if you can!

    www.itsthejojoshow.com

    ReplyDelete