Friday, April 3, 2009

Sadness...

Why do they keep canceling my favorite tv shows? This season, 2 of my favorites are leaving: ER and Prison Break.

I have been watching ER since I was in 8th grade (what is that, something like 15 years or so?). Although the show has had its ups and downs, I still enjoyed tuning in on Thursday nights to see what doctor is doing who, what medical traumas are going on, and lived the life of a doctor vicariously through this show. Actually - it made me quite certain when I was in HS that I did not want to grow up to be a doctor. The shows final 2 hour episode was last night . I had darts last night so I haven't had time to watch it yet. I was impressed how the show brought back some of the old character from the beginning seasons like George Clooney, Julianna Marguiles, Eriq LaSalle, and one of my favorites, Noah Wyle. Its amazing how attached to these characters I got over the years.

This April also brings an end to my absolute favorite show right now, Prison Break. I've also been watching this show since the very first pilot episode and fell in love instantly. Its only on its 4th and final season, but it still makes me very sad. My Monday nights with Michael Scofield will definitely be missed. When Tony and I first started dating, he would call me to go out to dinner or something and I would agree to dinner at home, as long as I was on the couch watching my show by 7:00 PM. After weeks of this routine, Tony started getting interested in the show but was kind of lost as to what was going on. He sat down one afternoon to watch my Season 1 DVD's and was glued to that TV for over 12 hours! Season 1 is the best in my opinion by far; if you've never watched it, I can loan you seasons 1 & 2...they are well worth it.

So anyway, this post today is in memory of two of my favorite TV shows that are coming to an end. Please take a moment of silence in respect for the departing.

No comments:

Post a Comment