Friday, April 24, 2009

For Jamie...

It seems that people really tend to notice when I don't blog regularly. Sometimes its because I don't have the time, other times because I can't think of anything interesting to blog about. What I'm realizing though, is that just because I don't find it interesting, doesn't mean other people don't.

The last 2 weeks have been quite hectic for me and I can't seem to catch up on my much needed rest. Last Wednesday, I had a 5 AM install to be followed with a full days work, work until 4:30 on Thursday and then another install to start at 10 PM that evening. Needless to say, I didn't get any sleep and was in the office from 10 PM till 7:00 AM, with no sleep. I got home around 7:30 and laid down after feeding the dog. Right as I fell asleep, the phone rang. I sent it to voicemail. I think I may have slept for about an hour before the doorbell rang. The salesman from the fence company was here to give me an estimate; but wait, I didn't call for one. I had forgotten that my neighbor came by the day before and asked if I would be interested in getting a fence because his guy offered a discount if we both got one installed at the same time. I told him to have the guy stop by when he came out to steak the yard to give me an estimate. Had I known it was going to be the next day, I would have answered differently. After he left, almost 45 minutes later, I went to lay back down, when my mom called an informed me that she would be coming out to finish hanging the curtains and help me clean my house for the At Home America party that I got roped into booking and at that very moment, was ready to cancel. The day proceeded on, I finally went to be at 2 AM after staying up chatting with my mom till we finally went to bed.

Tony woke me up at 7:15 the next morning to get ready for the wedding we had to go to in Bowling Green, MO. Thank goodness mom was still there to iron our clothes and get us some breakfast, or we probably would have been late; I was moving pretty slow. We went to the wedding, ate some pulled pork sandwiches at the reception and headed back to St. Chuck. Still no rest for the weary....Andrew and his 3 year old daughter Grace, who went to the wedding with us, hung out at the house for a little bit and Grace (my new BFF) wore my already tired butt out! All I wanted to do was take a nap, but we had to change clothes to go to Mike Williams 30th Birthday party. We had a blast, but it ended up being another late night and I had a lot to do on Sunday. We got up early on Sunday, went to breakfast, then to JC Penny to pick up more curtains that I ordered. Following that, we went to Rookies (rain-ed out) Car Show benefit. We stayed there till it was over a little after 4 PM (I had to see if I won the 50/50 and the basket I bid on...which I didn't win either). Then the Blues games was coming on. So we had to stay to watch that! Got home around 10, and passed out cold. This week, I had another 5 AM install on Thursday and this weekend is another one that is packed with another wedding and other BS that needs to be taken care of.

Is my tiredness a sign of aging? I never used to be this tired and went all week long without rest.

On another note, Michelle just left to go get the office custard. That could quite possibly perk me up a little bit, however the 9 lbs I just lost may be on their way back if I keep this stuff up!!

Happy Friday Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are able to get at least some sleep this weekend.

    I feel for you sister.

    Thanks for the post. I have been missing my Dee.