Monday, December 29, 2008

The Twilight Saga

Its been quite a while since I blogged, but I've been oh so busy with the holidays, and not much to blog about other than Christmas shopping, cookie baking and things not too exciting. I spent a nice Christmas with my family, in fact, Tony, Bella & I stayed at my parents house Wednesday thru Friday. We got lots of amazing Xmas presents, 2 of which Tony hasn't left alone; his shop-vac my parents got him and the new power washer Aunt Joan got us. Oh, and he was ecstatic about his new dart case (in GREEN!!!) from my brother and his new St. Louis Blues 3rd jersey (its the new one with the strings at the top and the arch on the front), that was from me. I got many nice things as well, a printer, a full length mirror, $$, pots and pans, pedi-paws (I'm excited to try this, if Bella will let me), wedding pics from my bro and Al, clothes, and best of all, a gift certificate to the movies to see Twilight, which Tony and I saw Saturday night.

At church on Thursday, Crystal gave me the first book in the series to read, which I picked up on Saturday, finished it, and went to see the movie that evening. In my opinion, the book is much better than the movie, although I'm glad I saw the movie because I waited to read chap 1 of the next book, until after. Now I have pictures in my mind of the characters, the setting, etc. I'm addicted. I read that Chapter last night, and I'm going today on my lunch break to by the second edition. For something that I thought was a kids book, I couldn't put it down. I've been told that they have the new rough draft of Stephanie's next book, I think its called Midnight Eclipse, which is actually the first book, Twilight, only from Edward Cullen's point of view. I plan on reading that off the website, then when the book comes out, I'll read it again.

I haven't been this involved in reading in a long time. I'm a very picky reader...If I'm not hooked by the 2nd chapter, I'll never finish. However, if I am hooked, then I won't put it down. It was a relaxing Saturday. I haven't had a day like that in what seems like forever!

3 comments:

  1. I read all 4 books in under a week. They are all very good. Twilight was definitely the best though. I really liked Eclipse too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well between the two of you I'm convinced this needs to be my new pumping reading material...guess I'll head to the library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You won't regret your decision Rachel, although you may pump yourself dry because you don't want to put down the book.

    Jamie - if you liked the books, you should read Midnight Sun, its the rough draft of the book Twilight only from Edward's point of view. Its on Stephanie Meyers website.

    ReplyDelete