Friday, January 15, 2010

Getting Old

I think I'm finally starting to age...

I turn 29 next Sunday...1 more year till the big 3-0! Getting older does not bother me, however the fact that its Friday, 2 people have called and asked me to go out and all I really want to do is sit on the couch tonight does bother me a little. What is wrong with me? Why do I not feel like going out? I am always in the mood to go somewhere! But then I figured it out...its not that I don't want to go, or that I don't feel like going, but its more that I can't recuperate quite like I used too. I feel like crap the next day. Then my whole day is wasted. Plus, tomorrow night we have a 30th birthday party to go to, so that should means I'll be worthless all day Sunday. I don't want to have 2 days in my weekend off where I feel horrible and can't do anything productive other than gorge myself with grease.

Speaking of drinking, I recently tried the new Bud Select 55 (I think that is what it is called anyway). I think this is going to be my new beer of choice. It definitely doesn't beat my favorite Bud Light, but its not bad for the number of calories that are in it...only 55 and only 1.9 carbs compared to Bud Lights 110 calories and 6.6 carbs and Bud Selects 99 calories and 3.1 carbs. Its kind of like drinking water, but I can make a sacrifice to keep the lbs off...its starting to get harder for me to keep the weight off. Once again, back to the opening line of this blog entry...I think I'm starting to age.

At lunch today, the girls I went with were talking about joining Weight Watchers and going to a meeting once a week down the street. I've never been on WW's before. I plan on spending part of my afternoon doing some research. I've put on a little bit of weight since the wedding and with the holidays that I would love to shred and then some by summer. I want to get back into the size 4 that I was wearing 5-6 years ago...I miss my waistline. Any one whose done WW before, please leave a comment about what you think. I'll look forward to your posting.

1 comment:

  1. I never did it officially, but I counted food points for a few months 4 years ago. My in-laws lost a ton of weight on WW. Adam and I had the most luck with south beach diet. Its very restrictive though. good luck!

    ReplyDelete